IN-PERSON & TELEHEALTH VISITS AVAILABLE
PEDIATRIC PHYSICAL, OCCUPATIONAL & SPEECH SERVICES
Carolina Kinder Development offers these services:
- Physical and Occupational therapy – As soon as an issue is noted with turning in one direction or head shape, it is extremely helpful to have an evaluation and leave with a set of detailed instructions of what to do at home. Addressing these issues early greatly reduces the need for a cranial band. Development of tummy time, rolling, crawling, and walking are important milestones and we can help. There are also children who have gross and fine motor delays for a variety of reasons. We help parents who may just need a little guidance on how to help their infant or child along to those with more intensive needs related to prematurity, surgeries, cerebral palsy, or syndromes.
- Cranial Bands – Our philosophy is to prevent cranial bands when possible and use a highly effective one when one is needed
- Feeding Therapy – Issues around feeding related to nursing, bottle feeding, transitioning to solids; or avoidance. Our expertise goes from one or two sessions for parental guidance for simple issues to significant development feeding delay, oral-motor development; swallowing difficulty; and feeding aversion.
- Speech Therapy – Speech production and language development are crucial for communication.
- Infant Development Classes – Hands on learning for parents and a time of engagement and challenge for your baby. Classes include methods for engaging in tummy time, how to select toys, supporting rolling, crawling, and walking. We do not believe in “pushing development” but rather finding ways to engage your baby in their individual next “just right challenge” so their development is supported.
- Infant Development and Headshape Video Series – Short informative videos on infant development and supporting head shape. They feature real babies and cover topic such as tummy time, baby sleep position, and selecting toys.
- Professional Training for Clinicians – Educational opportunities for occupational and physical therapists or orthotists.
Devoted to infant development and prevention and treatment of torticollis, plagiocephaly and brachycephaly.